Saturday, February 6, 2010

It's been one year

I can't believe it's been one year since Tyler left us. I still feel at times that I'll walk in the door and he'll be there.
It just stinks that he was doing so well and had been through so much to be taken so suddenly by a pulmonary embolis.
We are still trying to find our way in this new "normal" it's so hard! We all feel like a piece of our heart has been ripped out.
As for now we engulf ourselves in school and work. We want to find something special to honor Ty. We have done LLS "light the night" ACS walk, and written an article for Bone marrow donation drive. Thinking of starting a foundation in his name to help many organizations and a scholarship for kids that maybe in general have a challenging life. Tyler was interested in the scholarship, he asked about it several weeks before he died. Maybe he knew more than we did.

1 comment:

Rosa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and grief. I too have lost a child to cancer. I hope that we are growing ever closer to a cure. I work for ChiliTechnology and I wanted to share a resource - when my daughter was going through chemo she used to get a lot of heat - sometimes chills too. It would keep her up at night. I was lucky to have access to a ChiliPad: ChiliPad which is a mattress pad that lets you set the temperature of your bed from 46 - 118 degrees. It was a great relief for my daughter, having a safe and comfortable place to rest. I think they should introduce these in hospitals. I thought it might help someone out there who is fighting cancer, or has a child who is.