Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Day

Well I'm sure I didn't make any friends today.
TY had ECP today and we had the same nurse so... I told her that it was too hard on Tyler (and he has been through too much in 3 years) to poke and jab to get a vein and if it wasn't able to get it the first time she had to let some one else try.
I was very nice about it , at first, and of course she didn't have any problems before?! Well there were alot of excuses etc etc etc.
I won't go into all the details but I'm sure I offended someone, it wasn't my intensions, but, doggone it I had to say something.
She did end up getting it in, we did switch off nurses, and Tyler compromised on where they could try to put it in with retrictions. I told them that we might have to talk to the doctor to see if she could come up with someone that may have a easier time with Tyler's veins.
Of course it was because Tyler's veins have been so overly used(?).
It isn't because of blood draws or ECP,but that is pretty much all they have used his veins for and they could get them in the beggining.
But anyways, I'm not there to make them happy, I'm there for Tyler.
He was getting so stressed out! The look he kept giving me. I felt so guilty!
In the end they said they understood, but then asked me if Tyler was on any anti-depressents? You know he doesn't need to be drugged out just so they can get his IV in!!
I'm sure he is depressed sometimes, I would be too! He does talk to us about things that are bothering him, does things with his friends, goes to school, tells us about his day and when things aren't going right. When he walks in the door of the hospital his mood does change completely. Do you Blame him!!!
We got through ECP after all that, last week he also got the Ivig infusion and that went fine too (oh and they didn't have to dig for the vein). Everyone was very nice down there. His nurse was very good! We also seen his main BMT nurse Teresa! And he didn't want one but Sara, who is a message therapist gave me a wonderful message (shoulders and neck). I think she could tell I really needed one! She is so sweet!
His blood counts were evening out last week and this week they look much better!
calcium is back up
AST - 22
ALT - 50
LDH - 331 a little high
ANC - 7.1
WBC - 10.3
HGB - 13.6
HCT - 39.1
PLT - 151
So far going pretty good! Oh he has another ECP tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I like them as people, they can be very nice even nurse "jab" just sometimes some don't feel they have to listen to the patient, and have a hard time believing that maybe there not in the right.
Tyler is planning on wearing a costume tomorrow up there. I will try to post pictures.
Thanks for listening
And put a prayer in for our new friend Noah and mom Diane.
We met them last week. Noah has been through a lot, he's a cute kid!
Kelly

No comments: